GERMANY: Bavarian produces world's strongest beer
A brewer in Germany claims to have produced the world's strongest beer.
The beer has an ABV content of 25.4% and is deemed so strong that it is being sold in shot glasses.
The Bavarian brewer who produced the product, Harald Schneider, said that the beer had been received enthusiastically by everyone who had tried it. It apparently tastes like a mixture of beer and Sherry, he said.
Sectors: Beer & cider
After 20 years, the EU has finally agreed a wine trade treaty with the US but European producers fear that too much ground has been given, particularly with regard to the protection of places of origi...
In the third in a series of reports on major family-controlled companies in the wines and spirits arena, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean take a look at Fortune Brands, which owns the i...
The Center for Wine Origins has launched a new Website for US consumers....
A majority of American wine consumers rank where a wine comes from higher than most other factors when making purchases....
Maxxium UK has added to its Highland Park range, launching a 30 year old single malt for the first time....
Drinks group Maxxium Canada is set to become the third largest spirits company in Canada, following the addition of four new brands resulting from the recent acquisition of some Allied Domecq brands b...
Europe's producers of Champagne, Port and Sherry have joined winemakers from Napa Valley, Oregon, and Washington State in signing a declaration of joint principles stating the importance of location t...
Leading US and European wine regions are to sign a declaration to protect and promote "location" within the wine industry, the Office Of Champagne in the US said yesterday (18 July)....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK