COLUMBIA: Bavaria to issue bonds - report
Bavaria is planning to issue bonds in Columbia and Peru to put toward debt management, according to press reports. Reuters, citing a source close to the situation, said that the Columbian brewer is set to issue US$110m worth of bonds in Columbia, and $50m in bonds in Peru in June and July.
The Colombian bonds would carry maturities of between seven and 12 years, and could be linked to Colombia's benchmark DTF interest rate, the source told Reuters. The DTF is set weekly according to a Central Bank survey of commercial bank interest rates.
The source also told Reuters that Bavaria is planning to issue $50m in bonds in Peru during July, but declined to give further details.
The brewer has been aggressively extending its reach in Latin America, and has spent $1.1 billion on expansion by buying brewers in Peru, Ecuador and Panama to double its output over the past three years.
The Columbian conglomerate announced last month that net income for Q1 hit COP22.2 billion (US$8.5m), up from COP5.9 billion in the corresponding quarter last year.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports....
Brewers SABMiller and Heineken are thought to be close to making another proposal to acquire the Latin American business Bavaria....
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks....
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
Shares in the UK-based brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), rose on the back of a rumour that the company has pulled out of the race to acquire the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, The Times has repor...
Bavaria has authorised a five-year syndicated loan of up to US$250m....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends