PANAMA: Bavaria takes 91% stake in Panama's leading brewer
Panama's leading brewer has become the latest company to enter the consolidation process taking grip in South and Central America. It was announced yesterday that Columbian giant Bavaria has purchased a 91.5% stake in the Panamanian brewer Cerveceria Nacional. The financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed but the spokeswoman for Bavaria did confirm that Bavaria had been willing to pay US$312m for a 100% stake. This would value the 91.5% stake at US$285m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Inchdairnie and the quiet whisky revolution
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Purity Vodka appoints new CEO
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends