COLOMBIA: Bavaria sees net loss on increased costs
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria has reported a net loss for the third quarter of the year, as it was hit by increases in costs and income tax provisions.
The Colombian drinks producer said it saw a net loss of 64.66 bln pesos (US$249,927) in the third quarter of the year, compared to a net profit of COP86.60 bln in the same period last year.
Operating revenues increased to COP1.15 trillion in the period, compared to COP1.05 trillion in the like period last year. And earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) reached COP497.54bln, up from COP433.69bln a year earlier.
Total volumes sold reached a total of 8.31m hectolitres, of which beer made up 6.97m hectolitres. Other beverages, including water, juice and soft drinks made up the difference of 1.33m hl.
"We are delighted with our third quarter results, especially for the remarkable results in Ecuador and Panama," Bavaria president Ricardo Obregon said in the press release. "Demand for our products is the result of the dynamism created by the competitive climate and due to our continued effort to improve our productivity thanks to higher efficiency levels and lower production costs."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports....
Brewers SABMiller and Heineken are thought to be close to making another proposal to acquire the Latin American business Bavaria....
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks....
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
Shares in the UK-based brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), rose on the back of a rumour that the company has pulled out of the race to acquire the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, The Times has repor...
Bavaria has authorised a five-year syndicated loan of up to US$250m....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends