COLOMBIA: Bavaria issues bonds
Bavaria has issued COP438.2 bln (US$162.5 m) worth of ordinary bonds in Colombia to put toward debt management. In a statement released yesterday, the Colombian brewer said that the bonds carry maturities of between three and nine years, and are linked to Colombia's benchmark DTF interest rate and to the consumer price index.
The DTF is set weekly according to a Central Bank survey pf commercial bank interest rates.
Earlier this month, reports suggested that the brewer is also planning to issue US$50 m in bonds in Peru during July.
The brewer has been aggressively extending its reach in Latin America, and has spent US$1.1 bln on expansion by buying brewers in Peru, Ecuador and Panama to double its output over the past three years.
The Colombian conglomerate announced last month that net income for Q1 hit COP22.2 bln (US$8.5m), up from COP5.9 bln in the corresponding quarter last year.
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports....
Brewers SABMiller and Heineken are thought to be close to making another proposal to acquire the Latin American business Bavaria....
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks....
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
Shares in the UK-based brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), rose on the back of a rumour that the company has pulled out of the race to acquire the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, The Times has repor...
Bavaria has authorised a five-year syndicated loan of up to US$250m....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends