COLOMBIA: Bavaria execs seek share-swap not sale
The future of Bavaria became even harder to predict this weekend when a member of the controlling family said in an interview that it might consider a share-swap with a leading international company if it receives an offer, but will not sell out.
Carlos Alejandro Perez, an acting Bavaria board member and one of the Colombian brewer's top executives, told Sunday's edition of news magazine Semana that Bavaria has still not received an offer despite all the speculation.
Most international brewers have been linked to a bid for the Latin American brewer after it was reported Bavaria was looking at its strategic options.
Perex said: "We aren't looking for the best bidder for our business. Neither (major shareholders) Alejandro (Santo Domingo) nor Julio Mario (Santo Domingo) are interested in getting a few billion dollars deposited in their bank accounts. That's been ruled out.
"We are considering exchanging shares for a stake in another world-class beer company. Which one? That has to be analysed very carefully," he said.
Meanwhile, Alejandro Santo Domingo said: "We only want to be major shareholders (in the prospective multinational partner). That's enough to get a place on the board and be able to play an active role in strategy and company management."
Having recorded a third consecutive year of volume, margin and earnings growth, global brewing force, SAB Miller, was in a position to give shareholders a 27% dividend increase and eye the acquisition...
Stock regulators in Colombia have approached the main shareholder in Empresarial Bavaria about recent acquisition rumours, according to press reports....
The race for ownership of Empresarial Bavaria could be settled within the next few weeks, according to press reports....
Brewers SABMiller and Heineken are thought to be close to making another proposal to acquire the Latin American business Bavaria....
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks....
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is....
Rumours that SABMiller is poised to launch a bid for Empresarial Bavaria swept the trading floor yesterday (2 June)....
Shares in the UK-based brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), rose on the back of a rumour that the company has pulled out of the race to acquire the Colombian brewer, Bavaria, The Times has repor...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020