COLOMBIA: Bavaria denies takeover bid rumours
Bavaria has denied it has received any offer for a takeover by an international brewer.
The announcement comes several days after sources quoted in the Colombian press said Heineken had made a US$9bn bid for the Colombian brewer.
In recent weeks, SABMiller, Heineken and Scottish & Newcastle have all been linked to takeover talks with Bavaria.
The speculation has led to a rapid surge in the value of the brewer's share price, leading the Colombian securities commission to demand an explanation for the rumours.
In a letter to the company, the government's Securities Superintendency said: "In order to determine the truth of the report ... you are required to immediately provide relevant information to the market."
A statement from Bavaria said that its presidency or its board have received no offer that could have a material effect on the company's business or its shareholding structure.
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits