COLOMBIA: Bavaria – any day now? Report
Speculation is growing that a bid for Empresarial Bavaria could come in the next two weeks. Citing a person familiar with the situation, Dow Jones reported yesterday (15 June) that there is a deadline to present offers for the Colombian brewer. The news agency did not say when this deadline is, however.
Although Bavaria has said it is not up for sale, but would consider a merger, reports over the last few months have linked SABMiller, Heineken, Scottish & Newcastle and InBev with making a bid for the brewer.
SABMiller is widely thought to be the front runner. InBev distanced itself from talk of a bid late last week, while shares in S&N rose last month on talk that it was pulling out of the race.
A bidding war could push the price of the Colombian brewer as high as US$9bn, analysts estimate.
Sectors: Beer & cider
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong has secured a deal to distribute InBev's products in the city and neighbouring Macau....
Investment bank Goldman Sachs has restarted coverage of InBev. It has given the world's largest brewer by volume an "outperform" rating....
InBev, is to close its Labatt's Toronto brewery by the end of the year, with repercussions for some 265 employees. ...
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research