POLAND: Battle for Polish vodka industry continues
The privatisation of Poland's vodka industry continues with the deadline today of offers for Polmos Zyrardow. The Treasury wants to give a controlling stake to a company in exchange for a boost of capital and technology.The Polish press has reported that the fight for Zyrardow will take place between Phillips Millennium, the distributor of Belvedere vodka (produced at Zyrardow) and France's Belvedere Group.Currently some 30% of Zyrardow's revenues come from Phillips Millennium, which has invested around $50m in promoting the Belvedere brand.Polish reports have also named Holland's Royal Bols' Distilleries, through subsidiary Unicom Bols group, as among the candidates for Zyrardow as well as Polmos Lublin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch