POLAND: Battle for Polish vodka industry continues
The privatisation of Poland's vodka industry continues with the deadline today of offers for Polmos Zyrardow. The Treasury wants to give a controlling stake to a company in exchange for a boost of capital and technology.The Polish press has reported that the fight for Zyrardow will take place between Phillips Millennium, the distributor of Belvedere vodka (produced at Zyrardow) and France's Belvedere Group.Currently some 30% of Zyrardow's revenues come from Phillips Millennium, which has invested around $50m in promoting the Belvedere brand.Polish reports have also named Holland's Royal Bols' Distilleries, through subsidiary Unicom Bols group, as among the candidates for Zyrardow as well as Polmos Lublin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends