POLAND: Battle for Polish vodka industry continues
The privatisation of Poland's vodka industry continues with the deadline today of offers for Polmos Zyrardow. The Treasury wants to give a controlling stake to a company in exchange for a boost of capital and technology.The Polish press has reported that the fight for Zyrardow will take place between Phillips Millennium, the distributor of Belvedere vodka (produced at Zyrardow) and France's Belvedere Group.Currently some 30% of Zyrardow's revenues come from Phillips Millennium, which has invested around $50m in promoting the Belvedere brand.Polish reports have also named Holland's Royal Bols' Distilleries, through subsidiary Unicom Bols group, as among the candidates for Zyrardow as well as Polmos Lublin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future