UK: Bass recall Hooch after glass fault is discovered
Millions of bottles of Hooch have been recalled today after a glass fault on the bottle lip was discovered.Hooch Lemon 330ml bottles and Hooch Tropical 330ml bottles are the two flavours to be recalled by Bass Brewers and anyone with bottles with 'best before dates' between 30 March 2001 and 5 May 2001 inclusive, should return them to the store from where they were purchased and a full refund will be given.Three and a half million bottles are involved, but Bass is confident that only 100 bottles will be affected by the fault, which could cause fragments of glass to fall into the drink."We are not prepared to take any risks with regard to the health and safety of our consumers and have acted quickly to advise consumer and customers that a product recall is being activated with immediate effect," said a Bass spokesman.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban