UK: Bass recall Hooch after glass fault is discovered
Millions of bottles of Hooch have been recalled today after a glass fault on the bottle lip was discovered.Hooch Lemon 330ml bottles and Hooch Tropical 330ml bottles are the two flavours to be recalled by Bass Brewers and anyone with bottles with 'best before dates' between 30 March 2001 and 5 May 2001 inclusive, should return them to the store from where they were purchased and a full refund will be given.Three and a half million bottles are involved, but Bass is confident that only 100 bottles will be affected by the fault, which could cause fragments of glass to fall into the drink."We are not prepared to take any risks with regard to the health and safety of our consumers and have acted quickly to advise consumer and customers that a product recall is being activated with immediate effect," said a Bass spokesman.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit