UK: Bass Brewers Launch an Innovative New Lager - Kasteel 'Cru'
Bass Brewers launched a new premium lager, Cru, in style, at the Metz Bar, in Manchester recently.Brewed with champagne yeast and with an abv of 5%, Cru is designed to offer drinkers a light, refreshing premium lager. Bass Brewers' Northwest trading region are trialling the brand with 130 pubs and clubs across the area. Feedback so far has been very positive. To launch the new lager, a special sampling event was staged at the city's Metz Bar in Amazon House, Brazil Street. It was hosted by Bass Brewers Northwest representatives, and attended by more than 75 guests, including local VIP's, journalists and licensees. Later on in the evening as the Metz Bar regulars took over, Cru was still a best seller, with good reactions from drinkers. Operations Manager of Metz Bar, Kirk Harrison said, " The launch was a fantastic event, the product is excellent and has been very well received by our regulars, both male and female. I think Bass Brewers are onto a winner with Cru."Launch guests also got the chance to view the latest in e-commerce technology which enables licensees to order their beer supplies online. Bass Brewers' 'Bar Box' system is designed to offer pubs, clubs and bars access to a wide range of goods and services at the touch of a button. Guests were invited to surf the 'Bar Box' site from a computer installed in the bar. Sarah Dolden Business Unit Manager comments, "The sun was shining, the Cru was sparkling, a great time was had by all and it seemed that half of Manchester couldn't keep way! Cru is yet another example of Bass Brewers innovation in the highly competitive lager brands sector."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends