UK: Bass Ale heads Oktoberfest 2000, in the North West
The festival was opened by the Mayor of Warrington, and showcased 58 cask beer's, including Bass.
Making a welcome return this year's draught lager was Bass Brewers Staropramen brewed in the heart of Czechoslovakia, also within the bottled beer's range "new boy" Kasteel CRU, brewed with champagne yeast, putting in an appearance.
Another first this year was the sale Reef, which was very popular during the festival. Reef is a mix of still, exotic fruits with the cutting edge of vodka - with an ABV of 5%, available in two exotic fruit flavours - Orange & Passion Fruit and Pineapple & Citrus.
Paul Plumpton, Technical Services Manager Bass Northwest said, "It was especially pleasing to see the support given by our guys at the VIP afternoon, when the Regional Sales Operations Manager and the Brand Managers attended, to meet the various charities and support the event."
Over 1,500 people attended resulting in excellent bar taking's, with over £7,000 going directly to the Rotary nominated charities.
Six charities will benefit from this year's festival, bringing a total of 21 to benefit over the four years that this event has run. This year's nominations include Macmillan Cancer Relief, Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Walton Lea Project.=
Bass Ale is Britains Number 1 premium cask ale, is still brewed in Burton-on-Trent, to an original recipe using the finest ingredients and experience of generations. First brewed by William Bass in 1777 its full flavoured premium strength cask conditioned ale brewed with 2 strains of yeast to produce a rich, distinctive nutty flavour.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages