UK: Bass Ale heads Oktoberfest 2000, in the North West
The festival was opened by the Mayor of Warrington, and showcased 58 cask beer's, including Bass.
Making a welcome return this year's draught lager was Bass Brewers Staropramen brewed in the heart of Czechoslovakia, also within the bottled beer's range "new boy" Kasteel CRU, brewed with champagne yeast, putting in an appearance.
Another first this year was the sale Reef, which was very popular during the festival. Reef is a mix of still, exotic fruits with the cutting edge of vodka - with an ABV of 5%, available in two exotic fruit flavours - Orange & Passion Fruit and Pineapple & Citrus.
Paul Plumpton, Technical Services Manager Bass Northwest said, "It was especially pleasing to see the support given by our guys at the VIP afternoon, when the Regional Sales Operations Manager and the Brand Managers attended, to meet the various charities and support the event."
Over 1,500 people attended resulting in excellent bar taking's, with over £7,000 going directly to the Rotary nominated charities.
Six charities will benefit from this year's festival, bringing a total of 21 to benefit over the four years that this event has run. This year's nominations include Macmillan Cancer Relief, Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Walton Lea Project.=
Bass Ale is Britains Number 1 premium cask ale, is still brewed in Burton-on-Trent, to an original recipe using the finest ingredients and experience of generations. First brewed by William Bass in 1777 its full flavoured premium strength cask conditioned ale brewed with 2 strains of yeast to produce a rich, distinctive nutty flavour.
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends