US: Barton unveils new Modelo size
The US company announced that Barton Beers, its brewing unit which services the western states for Grupo Modelo's portfolio, will launch the imported beer in 24-ounce single cans.
The packaging will be phased into southern California this month, followed by northern California, Nevada and Arizona next month and the remaining markets in Barton's western import territory in October.
"The 24-oz. import can has enjoyed enormous popularity and sales growth in both grocery and convenience stores," said Kevin Kramnic, director of marketing, Modelo Brands for Barton this week.
To support the introduction, off-trade promotional materials - including display/case cards, shelf strips, 3-D static stickers, floor decals and oversized can displays - have been produced in both English and Spanish languages.
Modelo Especial is the fourth-best selling imported beer and second best selling premium Mexican imported beer in the US.
Last month, Constellation secured a ten-year agreement with Modelo to form a joint venture to import and distribute the Modelo stable across the entire US. The agreement followed the Mexican brewer's victory to terminate its deal with distributor Gambrinus in March.
Wine Evolution is taking place in Paris on 29-30 January and just-drinks is providing updates live from the event, which brings together the leading lights from the wine world to discuss matters at th...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Anheuser-Busch has reported a 12% jump in profits during 2006 thanks to contributions from its stable of imported beers and growing sales overseas....
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
Constellation Brands is hoping for "more co-ordination" among its wine operations after the appointment of Jon Moramarco to head its wine businesses around the globe....
Mexico's Grupo Modelo and French group Nestle Waters have sealed their joint venture for the Mexican bottled water market....
US-based drinks giant Constellation Brands is to move the head of its European operations to a new position of chief executive of Constellation International....
Gaymer Cider Company will spend GBP26m (US$51m) during 2007 as the company sets out its biggest-ever marketing programme....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review