US: Barton Brands strikes duty-free deal
Barton Brands has appointed Chase International as its exclusive US duty-free distributor from 1 February.
Barton Brands, the spirits arm of US drinks giant Constellation Brands, produces and markets a wide brand portfolio, including Black Velvet and Schenley Golden Wedding Canadian whiskies, Mr Boston liqueurs, Fleishmann gin, Amaretto di Amore and Meukow Cognac.
Chase International president Chase Donaldson said: "The addition of world-class Canadian Brands like Black Velvet and Schenley Golden Wedding Canadian Whiskies among others, will help strengthen our position and brand presence on the northern US border with our duty-free customers."
Chase International is also the US duty-free distributor for Appleton rum, Hpnotiq liqueur, Whyte & Mackay Scotch whisky, Ketel One vodka, 1800 Reposado tequila and Evan Williams bourbon.
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends