UK: Barr lines up Tizer relaunch in UK
The UK-based company, which also owns Irn Bru, confirmed late last week that the drink will be backed by a marketing campaign in the country, having returned to a recipe closer to the original version of Tizer and containing 10% fruit juice.
"Tizer offers a unique taste thanks to a mouth-watering mix of citrus and red fruits," said Steven Downham, Tizer's brand manager. "It's something different and original, and we'll be aiming this message at our target audiences of both teenagers and core shoppers.
"We're aware of parents' needs today and understand that they are looking for a simpler kind of soft drink. We've gone back to the roots of what Tizer is all about and believe that this will encourage purchase by parents."
As part of the relaunch, Barr said it will run a GBP1m (US$1.96m) national advertising campaign. Specific details on what form this campaign will take were not revealed.
The new-look Tizer will be available in the UK from March in 330ml cans, 500ml PET bottles and two-litre bottles.
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
Nestle Waters is set to buy a water production facility in the US, according to local reports....
Britvic is set to run a marketing campaign for its Tango soft drink brand in the UK....
Negative publicity has contributed to a second successive year of declining CSD sales in India, according to recent research....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has delivered a record net profit after tax for the half-year, as Australia and New Zealand performed strongly and Indonesia demonstrated a continuing recovery for the group....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has lined up another flavour variant for its Burnett's vodka portfolio....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends