UK/JAPAN: Barr Britvic could be takeover target for Suntory - analyst
Would Suntory come knocking at Barr Britvic's door
Reports yesterday (11 December) said that Suntory is eyeing a public listing for its soft drinks and food unit next year to fund international acquisitions. The company did not deny the reports today, but said that nothing has been confirmed.
Analyst Damian McNeela, at Panmure Gordon, said that “should the UK be a market it (Suntory) wishes to enter then of the two possible targets we believe that the enlarged Barr Britvic would be its preference rather than Nichols”.
Suntory is already the Pepsi bottler for Japan and in October entered into a JV with PepsiCo in Vietnam, MnNeela said in a note.
“As such the acquisition of Barr Britvic could provide a platform for further consolidation of PepsiCo’s bottling operations. In addition Suntory bought Orangina in 2009 which is currently licenced to AG Barr,” he added.
“There would also be further international growth opportunities presented by brands such as Fruit Shoot.”
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo looks at the European soft drinks landscape as the region continues to suffer the aftershock of global recession. ...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Britvic's sidelined merger with AG Barr is likely to go ahead despite a new cost-savings plan from Britvic that suggests it could go it alone, an analyst has said....
In 2012, the performance of fruit/vegetable juice was strongly conditioned by the aggravation of the economic crisis, which continued to damage the incomes of average Spanish households. This caused m...
In 2012, the number of people participating in sports and physical exercise on a regular basis continued to increase. More people are aim to lead healthier lifestyles, as they become more aware of the...
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets