AUS: Barons Brewing acquires Byron Bay distribution
Australian brewer Barons Brewing has acquired the licensing and distribution for the Byron Bay Premium Ale brand.
Under the agreement, Barons Brewing will hold the global rights to all sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution for the next five to 15 years, the company said today (12 November).
Byron Bay Beverages will continue to service its local region.
"Two years ago we decided to build our distribution and financial strength through the acquisition of licensed brands that have not yet realised their full global potential," said Barons founder Scott Garnett.
"The addition of Byron Bay Premium Ale takes Barons one step closer to our mission of being the dominant independent Australian beer company."
Sydney based Barons now has Barons, 88 Balls, Lucky Beer, Snowy Mountains and Byron Bay Premium Ale within its portfolio of beers.
Last month, Barons Brewing joined forces with Independent Liquor Group (ILG) to build a A$30m (US$30m) domestic brewing facility in ILG's Sydney warehouse.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk