AUS: Barons Brewing acquires Byron Bay distribution
Australian brewer Barons Brewing has acquired the licensing and distribution for the Byron Bay Premium Ale brand.
Under the agreement, Barons Brewing will hold the global rights to all sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution for the next five to 15 years, the company said today (12 November).
Byron Bay Beverages will continue to service its local region.
"Two years ago we decided to build our distribution and financial strength through the acquisition of licensed brands that have not yet realised their full global potential," said Barons founder Scott Garnett.
"The addition of Byron Bay Premium Ale takes Barons one step closer to our mission of being the dominant independent Australian beer company."
Sydney based Barons now has Barons, 88 Balls, Lucky Beer, Snowy Mountains and Byron Bay Premium Ale within its portfolio of beers.
Last month, Barons Brewing joined forces with Independent Liquor Group (ILG) to build a A$30m (US$30m) domestic brewing facility in ILG's Sydney warehouse.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research