FRANCE: Baron Philippe de Rothschild secures Ryder Cup deal for Mouton Cadet
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
The deal between Mouton Cadet owner Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Ryder Cup Europe follows an agreement made in 2012 that saw Mouton Cadet named as the European Tour’s official wine supplier. Financial details behind the latest agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited about bringing the universes of golf and wine together,” said Baron Philippe de Rothschild press spokesman Adrien Laurent. “For Baron Philippe de Rothschild, this is a major investment, but also a great opportunity as the Ryder Cup is the third most watched sporting event in the world.”
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research