FRANCE: Baron Philippe de Rothschild secures Ryder Cup deal for Mouton Cadet
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
The deal between Mouton Cadet owner Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Ryder Cup Europe follows an agreement made in 2012 that saw Mouton Cadet named as the European Tour’s official wine supplier. Financial details behind the latest agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited about bringing the universes of golf and wine together,” said Baron Philippe de Rothschild press spokesman Adrien Laurent. “For Baron Philippe de Rothschild, this is a major investment, but also a great opportunity as the Ryder Cup is the third most watched sporting event in the world.”
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future