FRANCE: Baron Philippe de Rothschild secures Ryder Cup deal for Mouton Cadet
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
The deal between Mouton Cadet owner Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Ryder Cup Europe follows an agreement made in 2012 that saw Mouton Cadet named as the European Tour’s official wine supplier. Financial details behind the latest agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited about bringing the universes of golf and wine together,” said Baron Philippe de Rothschild press spokesman Adrien Laurent. “For Baron Philippe de Rothschild, this is a major investment, but also a great opportunity as the Ryder Cup is the third most watched sporting event in the world.”
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research