FRANCE: Baron Philippe de Rothschild secures Ryder Cup deal for Mouton Cadet
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
The deal between Mouton Cadet owner Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Ryder Cup Europe follows an agreement made in 2012 that saw Mouton Cadet named as the European Tour’s official wine supplier. Financial details behind the latest agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited about bringing the universes of golf and wine together,” said Baron Philippe de Rothschild press spokesman Adrien Laurent. “For Baron Philippe de Rothschild, this is a major investment, but also a great opportunity as the Ryder Cup is the third most watched sporting event in the world.”
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board