FRANCE: Baron Philippe de Rothschild secures Ryder Cup deal for Mouton Cadet
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
The deal between Mouton Cadet owner Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Ryder Cup Europe follows an agreement made in 2012 that saw Mouton Cadet named as the European Tour’s official wine supplier. Financial details behind the latest agreement were not disclosed.
“We are excited about bringing the universes of golf and wine together,” said Baron Philippe de Rothschild press spokesman Adrien Laurent. “For Baron Philippe de Rothschild, this is a major investment, but also a great opportunity as the Ryder Cup is the third most watched sporting event in the world.”
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Towards the end of the review period, leading manufacturers such as Diageo Plc and Rémy Cointreau Group continued to establish their stronger presence in spirits by strengthening their distribution es...
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"