SPAIN: Barbadillo gets stake in Bodegas Pirineos
Bodegas Barbadillo has placed a stake in its fellow winemaker Bodegas Pirineos.
Spanish winery Bodegas Barbadillo has formalised the acquisition of a 76% stake in Bodegas Pirineos for EUR19.6m (US$26.7m), according to local reports.
Cited by local Spanish paper, El Pais, yesterday, (4 July) the company said that 6.7% of the shares were bought from Spanish savings banks Ibercaja and 5.8% bought by Multicaja. Some 14.8% was acquired from winegrower Vinedos del Vero and Vinedos y Crianzas del Alto Aragon sold 13.4%, according to the company. The Aragon development institute sold its 35% share, whilst the remaining 24% will stay with the cooperative of Somontano.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends