BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA: Banjalucka back on sale
The Bosnian Serb Government is to attempt the privatisation of local brewer Banjalucka Pivara for a third time. The authorities said today (4 February) that it will invite international investors to bid for a 53.8% stake in the brewer.
In a statement on the Government Website, Zoran Dosen, head of the strategic companies' privatisation team, said: "Unlike previous tenders, this time we will allow bids from investors whose core activity might not be beer production and distribution."
The Government has tried to privatise Banjalucka Pivara twice before. Previously, eligible bidders were required to have at least a 10-year history in the beer industry, and to have annual net revenue of at least 100m Bosnian marka (US$66.2m).
The Government has earlier estimated Banjalucka's value at 43m marka, but the company was offered without a starting price in April last year.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends