SWEDEN: Banco Bryggeri set for bumper summer
Banco Bryggeri has seen sales soar thanks to the hot weather currently being experienced in Sweden. The brewer said last week that sales for the beginning of this summer were up by around 30% year-on-year. Specific dates, however, were not given.
The Swedish company, which is based in Skruv in southern Sweden, has increased production since the beginning of summer. Banco director Jonny Carlsson believes that 2005 may prove to be a record year for Sweden's brewers if the summer temperatures continue.
Banco was founded in 1876 when it opened the Bylunds Bryggeri brewery in Skruv. In 2002, the company was bought by Swedish brewery Kopparbergs Bryggeri AB.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Anheuser-Busch has stepped into a labour dispute in its home city of St Louis....
Anheuser-Busch (AB) has lost a legal battle to sell its beer under the brand name Budweiser in Portugal....
Anheuser-Busch will pay US$120m to settle a lawsuit out of court....
The legal battle between Anheuser-Busch and a beer distributor has come to an end....
Anheuser-Busch has seen its share recommendation reviewed by several investment banks following the release of disappointing Q2 figures yesterday (28 July)....
Bear Stearns has downgraded its rating for Anheuser-Busch and questioned the brewer's price-cutting policy....
Miller Brewing has kept its share of the US beer market over the Fourth of July selling season....
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits