UK: Balvenie launches 2008 vintage cask
The Balvenie Distillery has launched this year's Vintage Cask, to be distributed in the UK by First Drinks Brands.
The Cask, created by five of the distillery's craftsmen has been designed for the "fine dining and premium gifting markets," the company said in a statement yesterday (12 May).
"The craftsmen have chosen what I believe is an exceptional single malt. The Balvenie Vintage Cask is one of the most sought after of limited release bottlings and will, I believe, attract awards and plaudits from collectors and enthusiasts around the world," said David Stewart, malt master.
The Balvenie Vintage, available now and priced at GBP400, has been created from two casks, used for their "characteristic Balvenie honey notes and rich, fruity, vanilla sweetness."
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Bacardi announces CFO switch