RUSSIA: Baltika yet to decide on Siberia brewery
Baltika Breweries has insisted it has yet to make a decision on whether to set up a greenfield brewery in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk.
Russia's largest brewer cooled reports that it has given the go-ahead for the construction of the US$70m site.
A spokesman for Baltika told just-drinks today (21 November) that "no decision" has been made on the scheme. He added that negotiations with local government authorities in Novosibirsk are ongoing.
"It is such a long process - a final decision won't be made for several weeks," he said.
Baltika, which is owned by Baltic Beverages Holding, a joint venture between brewing giants Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg, already owns the Vena brewery in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk.
In all, Baltika runs ten breweries across Russia's nine time zones and has been busy this year integrating its operations across Russia.
The brewer, which holds around 36% of Russia's beer market, hopes to complete the integration by the end of the year.
Foster's and Carlsberg have secured a brewing tie-up in Australia....
Carlsberg has won approval from the Danish authorities to amend its charter....
Carlsberg has sealed the purchase of its first brewery in India....
Scottish & Newcastle has shuffled its senior management pack....
Baltika has credited its "successful merger" with three other Russian breweries for a strong performance in the first quarter....
Danish brewer Carlsberg has posted a 14% rise in net revenues for the first quarter and raised its profit forecast for the full year....
Baltic Beverages Holding AB (BBH), the joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle, has recorded a 43.8% rise in net sales for the first quarter of 2007 to EUR492m (US$645m)....
The head of sponsorship at Coca-Cola has left to join Diageo as global sponsorship director....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets