IRAN: Baltika to sell beer in Iran
Iran's government has given the brewer, owned by Carlsberg and the UK's Scottish & Newcastle, permission to begin importing the product, the first shipment of which was sent last week. Alcohol sales are forbidden in Iran, a strict Muslim country.
"This is the same product Russian beer drinkers can see on the shop shelves of the Russia Federation. This same product will be supplied to the Islamic Republic of Iran," Baltika marketing director Igor Karpov said.
Baltika hopes to capture 20% of the Iranian market by the end of next year before venturing into similar markets.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Spanish beer maker San Miguel has launched the new San Miguel 0.0% Apple to continue expanding in the country's booming market for alcohol-free brews....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research