RUSSIA: Baltika set to welcome marketing boss
Baltika Breweries will next week welcome a new marketing chief to the company.
Marcho Kuyumdzhiev will start in his role as vice president for marketing at Russia's largest brewer on 7 November.
Kuyumdzhiev joins the company after 14 years at Unilever. His last role at Unilever was as marketing director for Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
Teimur Akhundov, who has held the role of acting vice president for marketing in recent months, will take a role as director for brands and innovation and report to Kuyumdzhiev.
Kuyumdzhiev will oversee the marketing of Baltika's 30 beer brands, including its eponymous brand and Arsenalnoye, Russia's two best-selling beers.
Baltika, which is owned by Baltic Beverages Holding, a joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle, has been busy this year integrating its operations across Russia.
Baltika runs ten breweries across Russia's nine time zones and hopes for the integration to be complete by the end of the year.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
Carlsberg is looking to amend its charter, which could open the door for a bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Scottish & Newcastle has had an "encouraging start" to 2007, according to the brewer's chairman....
Diageo and SABMiller are pondering the break-up of Scottish & Newcastle, according to reports....
Baltika Breweries has doubled its spend on a new brewery in Siberia....
A Ukrainian brewer owned by Baltic Beverages Holding has been granted a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)....
Baltika Breweries has begun exporting its beer to North Korea....
Carlsberg has pulled an internet promotion campaign for its Tuborg beer brand in its home market....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO