RUSSIA: Baltika sales on the rise in 2003
Baltika has seen sales in 2003 climb. The Russian brewer announced yesterday that sales for the year rose to 16.17m hectolitres, up from 16.06m hectolitres in 2002.
In 2003, the company increased its sales both in Russia and abroad, to 15.17m and 1m hectolitres, respectively. Last year, Baltika built two breweries, in Samara and Khabarovsk. Simultaneously, production facilities were upgraded and expanded in St. Petersburg, Rostov-on-Don and Tula, enabling the company to create a geographically-distributed production system.
In the first half of 2004, Baltika plans to complete the restructuring of the Russian distribution system launched in 2003.
Baltika accounts for 18% of beer output in Russia, and is expected to raise this figure to 25% at year-end 2003.
Baltika has written to its shareholders approving the guiding principles for a proposed merger with the Pikra, Vena and Yarpivo brewing companies in Russia....
Baltika has posted an impressive rise in H1 net profit....
Baltika has posted a healthy rise in H1 net profits....
Scottish & Newcastle will "vigorously defend" any accusations of illegal and unethical behaviour in its Russian holdings....
Baltika has begun supplying beer direct to Ireland....
Baltika has failed in a bid to gain sufficient support from minority shareholders for its proposed acquisition of the Pikra brewery for US$67.5m....
Baltic Beverage Holdings plans to begin consolidating its Russian assets with the brewer Pikra, a press report said today....
Baltika Brewery has posted its Q1 figures....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review