RUSSIA: Baltika rolls out nationwide discount beer
Baltika is launching a discount beer brand across Russia.
The country's biggest brewer confirmed today (16 August) that 'Big Mug' will be available nationwide from the end of this month.
Big Mug will be available in two styles - 'Amber' and 'Strong' - and is part of Baltika's strategy to introduce an inexpensive brand to replace obsolete Soviet ones.
The beer is already in production at Baltika's breweries in Chelyabinsk and Samara in Russia, while production will begin later this year in Rostov, Tula, Yaroslavl, Krasnoyarsk and St. Petersburg.
Baltika said it plans to lay claim to 2% of the country's discount segment with Big Mug during the final quarter of this year, with volumes targeted at 400,000 hectolitres. By the end of next year, the company is forecasting a 7% share of the segment.
Amber and Strong will be available in glass and PET bottles.
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
UK soft drinks company Britvic is set to bolster its presence in the country's fast-growing juice category with the launch of two pure juice products. Britvic, whose portfolio includes Tango and Robin...
Arrowhead Water has hauled back its losses in its fiscal year....
Baltika has completed its long-awaited merger with three other brewers owned by the same parent company as the Russian beer maker....
Baltic Beverages Holding has made its first direct investment into Belarus with the purchase of a 30% stake in local beer maker Olivaria Brewery....
Baltika Breweries has confirmed that it will begin building a brewery in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk next year....
Baltika Breweries has insisted it has yet to make a decision on whether to set up a greenfield brewery in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015