RUSSIA: Baltika Q1 figures soar
Baltika Brewery has posted its Q1 figures. The Russian brewer, co-owned by Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg, said today (26 May) that net profit for the three months to 31 March almost doubled as sales leapt by almost a quarter.
Net profit rose to €23.3m from €12.4m in the corresponding quarter a year earlier, while sales volumes were up by 23%, hitting €165.4m from €135.9m in the same period in 2004.
The company added that its market share for the period "reached 24.1%." A comparative figure for the same period a year earlier was not provided.
Sales volumes of its flagship brand, Baltika No. 3, rose by 44% on the year, while licensed sales of Carlsberg were up by 24%.
The company acknowledged, however, that the improvement in profit was due in part to an exceptionally weak first quarter in 2004. Baltika pointed out that the establishment of a new sales system in the second quarter of last year, and increases in tariffs for railway transportation at the start of the current year had both contributed to rising costs in year-on-year terms.
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
Hite Brewery Co. has signed a preliminary agreement to acquire Jinro....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
South Korea's anti-trust watchdog is to check Hite Brewery's claims to soju maker Jinro, following its victory in last week's auction....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts