KYRGYZSTAN: Baltika looks towards China
Baltika is making plans to move into central Asia and China. The Russian brewer announced late last week that it intends to build a brewery in Kyrgyzstan to supply beer to the area.
Quoted by Reuters, Baltika head Taimuraz Bollovev said: "The work is at the level of technical discussions.
"Consumption per capita in China is growing, and there are lots of people there. That is why supplies from Kyrgyzstan to China are quite realistic," he told the press agency.
Baltika has written to its shareholders approving the guiding principles for a proposed merger with the Pikra, Vena and Yarpivo brewing companies in Russia....
Baltika has posted an impressive rise in H1 net profit....
Baltika has posted a healthy rise in H1 net profits....
Scottish & Newcastle will "vigorously defend" any accusations of illegal and unethical behaviour in its Russian holdings....
Baltika has begun supplying beer direct to Ireland....
Baltika has failed in a bid to gain sufficient support from minority shareholders for its proposed acquisition of the Pikra brewery for US$67.5m....
Baltic Beverage Holdings plans to begin consolidating its Russian assets with the brewer Pikra, a press report said today....
Baltika Brewery has posted its Q1 figures....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman