RUSSIA: Baltika in further soft drinks launch
Crazy will be launched in June, the firm said today (24 May), in three varieties; cola, orange and lemon.
All varieties will be sold in 0.5-litre, 1-litre, and 2-litre PET bottles, and will be produced in two locations: the Baltika-Tula subsidiary and the Baltika- Krasnoyarsk subsidiary. In the long term, production is being considered in other Baltika breweries, the firm said.
Denis Sherstennikov, vice-president of marketing said that beer is, and will continue to be, the key sector for its business.
“At the same time, this launch is in complete accordance with Baltika’s strategy, aimed at diversifying our brand portfolio," Sherstennikov said. "Having products in different categories in our portfolio makes us less dependent on the situation in the beer market.”
“Producing soft drinks and other non-alcoholic products — like kvass and bottled water — we are substantially expanding the potential target audience for our products, and opening new long-term opportunities for developing and strengthening our position on the Russian market,” he added.
Last month the firm launched Life Spring bottled water in Russia.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute leading Spanish lager brand Mahou in the UK, as the brewer looks to tap consumer demand for imported bottled beers....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018