RUSSIA: Baltika FY dividend leaps
Baltika has confirmed a marked lift in its full-year dividend payment to shareholders.
The Russian brewer, part of Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle's Baltic Beverages Holding joint venture, said yesterday (13 March) that its board has recommended a RUB52 (US$2.20) per share payment for 2007. The dividend represents a 32% increase on the payment made in 2006 of RUB39.5.
Shareholders will vote on the board's proposal at a meeting on 29 April.
Baltika also announced yesterday that it has signed an agreement with Japan's Asahi Breweries to begin brewing Asahi Super Dry at its facility in St Petersburg. Brewing will begin at the plant in June, before being made available in major Russian cities as well as being exported to other countries such as Ukraine.
Carlsberg has followed Coors Brewers and InBev by upping its beer prices in the UK....
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken has said it expects a mid-single digit profit rise for 2008, following strong revenue growth and a series of cost savings measures in its first half....
Carlsberg has announced another change of leadership at its recently-acquired Brasseries Kronenbourg operations in France....
Heineken has completed a review of its recently-acquired half of Scottish & Newcastle, and has said it expects higher synergy savings than it previously forecast....
Heineken has been given clearance to proceed with its purchase of Eichhof Holdings' beverage division in Switzerland....
Baltika has strengthened its hand in central Asia by completing the takeover of Azerbaijan's largest brewer, Baku-Castel....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts