RUSSIA: Baltika doubles Siberian brewery spend
Baltika Breweries has doubled its spend on a new brewery in Siberia.
The Russian brewer, majority-owned by Baltic Beverages Holding, said yesterday (19 April) that it will spend EUR130m (US$176.8m) on the facility. In December last year, Baltika said it would invest EUR65m in the new site, to be based in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk. The extra funds will give the brewery an annual production capacity of 4.5m hectolitres, twice the originally predicted amount.
The construction will be financed by the company's own resources and is pencilled in for a completion date of mid-2008.
"The success of 2006 allowed us to adjust the plans on the construction of the brewery in Novosibirsk," said Baltika president Anton Artemiev. "The growing regional market potential furthered the decision-making about increase of capacities of the constructed brewery."
The brewery will be Baltika's eleventh plant in Russia.
Baltic Beverages Holding is jointly-owned by Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Heineken is to close its beer museum in Amsterdam for eight months, as part of a renovation of the exhibition....
Scottish & Newcastle has dismissed the possibility of a takeover bid from Carlsberg and Heineken....
Carlsberg has been pursuing Scottish & Newcastle "for years" ahead of this week's announcement that the Danish brewer is working with Heineken to make a bid for S&N, according to Carlsberg's former CE...
Carlsberg is set to take over the distribution of Modelo's Corona beer brand in Singapore and Malaysia from Asia Pacific Breweries....
Carlsberg and Heineken have confirmed that they are in early discussions to acquire Scottish & Newcastle....
Unicer expects to register a considerable lift in its net profit this year....
Baltika Breweries has launched a new beer to its Kupecheskoye brand....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review