Product Launch - RUSSIA: Baltika Breweries' Eve
Baltika Breweries' Eve
Category - Malt-based, fruit flavoured, 3.1% abv
Available - From the end of this month, in 33cl screw-cap bottles
Location - Starting in Moscow and St Petersburg, before rolling out in Russian cities with populations of over 1m
Price - Unspecified
Eve contains natural ingredients and will come in two flavours: grapefruit and passion fruit.
The new product is developed by technologists from Baltika's owner, Carlsberg. The manufacturing process involves the addition of fruit juice to a specially-prepared malt base.
"In releasing this product into the market, we are pursuing several goals," said Ludmila Yakushina, Baltika's brand director license, LAB & non-beer brands. "First, strengthening our portfolio in a strategically important and more marginal super-premium segment, since long-term consumer trends, in particular premiumisation, are retaining their importance even in periods of economic decline.
"Second, in launching Eve, Baltika is entering a new beverage segment aimed at a female audience, within our key beer category, which allows the company to diversify its product offering."
Eve will be produced at Baltika's St. Petersburg brewery as part of a general licence agreement with Carlsberg.
Carlsberg-owned Baltika Breweries is to launch a range of non-alcoholic carbonated beverages in the Russian market....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign