Product Launch - RUSSIA: Baltika Breweries' Eve
Baltika Breweries' Eve
Category - Malt-based, fruit flavoured, 3.1% abv
Available - From the end of this month, in 33cl screw-cap bottles
Location - Starting in Moscow and St Petersburg, before rolling out in Russian cities with populations of over 1m
Price - Unspecified
Eve contains natural ingredients and will come in two flavours: grapefruit and passion fruit.
The new product is developed by technologists from Baltika's owner, Carlsberg. The manufacturing process involves the addition of fruit juice to a specially-prepared malt base.
"In releasing this product into the market, we are pursuing several goals," said Ludmila Yakushina, Baltika's brand director license, LAB & non-beer brands. "First, strengthening our portfolio in a strategically important and more marginal super-premium segment, since long-term consumer trends, in particular premiumisation, are retaining their importance even in periods of economic decline.
"Second, in launching Eve, Baltika is entering a new beverage segment aimed at a female audience, within our key beer category, which allows the company to diversify its product offering."
Eve will be produced at Baltika's St. Petersburg brewery as part of a general licence agreement with Carlsberg.
Carlsberg-owned Baltika Breweries is to launch a range of non-alcoholic carbonated beverages in the Russian market....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends