RUSSIA: Baltika Breweries appoints vice president sales
With effect from 17 June, Lysak will take over from acting vice president Oleg Burkhanov, who will continue to work at Baltika as director of sales development, the company said today (2 June).
Lysak began his working career in 1996 with Mars, where over the course of five years he held various positions within the sales department.
In 2001 he moved to SABMiller Russia, taking up the position of regional sales manager for Moscow. He later worked as sales director of the division responsible for the Moscow, Central and Northwest regions, then as national sales manager, and most recently director of sales and distribution.
Anton Artemiev, president of Baltika Breweries, said: "His serious work experiences in well-known international FMCG companies, as well as his management of sales in the beer business were Denis' key advantages as a candidate for the position."
Baltika has close to a 40% share of the Russian beer market and is owned by Baltic Beverages Holding, previously a joint venture in Eastern Europe held by Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg and now fully owned by Carlsberg.
Analysts and investors raised a toast to SABMiller's half-year results yesterday (19 November), despite a 26% drop in pre-tax profits, reports Michelle Russell....
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Drinks heavyweights SABMiller, Coca-Cola Co and Nestle have called for greater investment in water sustainability amid a growing gap in global supply and demand....
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect....
SABMiller is to close its Pivovary Topvar brewery in Slovakia due to falling demand for beer....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review