RUSSIA: Baltika begins exports to Mexico
Russia's largest brewer Baltika has begun exporting its namesake beer to Mexico.
Baltika, which now ships its beer to some 40 markets around the world, is targeting markets throughout the Americas.
A spokesman in St. Petersburg said today (2 March): "We are already present in Canada and the US and we trying to increase our sales across the whole of North America."
Baltika is looking to sell a number of beers from its stable in Mexico, including the No. 7 and No. 3 varieties, the spokesman said.
Baltika is owned by Baltic Beverages Holding, a joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle.
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
Baltika Breweries is looking to launch a share buyback....
Carlsberg has said that its acquisition strategy remains unaffected by current turmoil on the global credit markets....
Baltika has unveiled plans to restructure its sales system in Russia....
Saku Olletehas has begun producing Scottish & Newcastle's Strongbow cider brand in Estonia....
Carlsberg has confirmed replacements for the two country CEOs who resigned earlier this year....
Baltika has posted a healthy lift in operating profit for the first half of this year....
Carlsberg has posted a strong lift in its performance in the first half of this year....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research