Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits founder latest to leave Constellation Brands
Constellation bought Ballast Point in November
Constellation Brands has confirmed the departure of founder Jack White from Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits amid a leadership exodus at the Californian craft brewery.
A spokesperson for the company said White, along with COO Yuseff Cherney, left to pursue other opportunities. They left late last week, the spokesperson said.
White's departure comes days after Ballast Point CEO Jim Buechler and CCO Earl Kight also departed. Constellation has only been in control of Ballast Point for ten months after buying it in November for US$1bn.
The Constellation spokesperson said Marty Birkel, Constellation's chief sales officer for wine & spirits, is now in charge at Ballast.
"The future of our business is very bright and we look forward to the continued success of our Ballast Point team for many years to come," the spokesperson said.
In an email post to Ballast employees obtained by BrewBound, White said he is taking Ballast Point's spirits brands, which were not included in the Constellation takeover, to a new company called Cutwater Spirits. "It's time to proudly pass the baton and move on to another adventure," White said.
Constellation had previously praised White and Buechler's leadership. A few months after the purchase, Constellation CEO Rob Sands assured analysts that the people who had helped build the company would continue in their roles.
"That's Jack White the founder, it's Jim Buechler, the CEO - all of these people are brew masters," Sands said in January. "The incredible group of people that we have there continue to be 100% behind the brand and have continued very enthusiastically with Constellation."
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
Constellation Brands, Inc. (Constellation) is an international beverage alcohol company. It manufactures and sells a range of wine brands, spirits, beers and other alcoholic beverages. Constellation i...
Constellation Brands is the world’s second largest vintner and the leading player in the US premium lager segment....
Wine is an alcoholic drink produced by the fermentation of grapes or other fruits. It has various health benefits, if consumed in adequate amounts....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends