UK: Ballantine’s 12 Year Old gets “consistent” image
Chivas Brothers has repositioned the Ballantine's 12 Year Old, as part of its strategic investment plan to "rejuvenate the brand".
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch and gin arm of Pernod Ricard, said yesterday (28 February) that the new packaging will give the Ballantine's brand a consistent global identity in an attempt to raise its positioning within global volume rankings after it had "struggled with its identity" due to previous "inconsistent packs".
The newly repositioned Ballantine's 12 Year Old, which will be launched into global travel retail at a premium price point next month, will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign focused on its 'Leave an Impression' advertising, the company said.
Chivas Brothers regional director Robin Johnston said: "The new livery and support package for Ballantine's 12 Year Old is a vital part of our rejuvenation plans for Ballantine's. We are confident this new look gives Ballantine's 12 Year Old the status it rightfully deserves as a key member of the most comprehensive aged range of blended whisky."
The new look Ballantine's 12 Year Old will target "premium whisky drinkers in their early thirties who are looking for a discerning yet accessible whisky with contemporary relevance".
Chivas Brothers' three-year vision is for Ballantine's 12 Year Old to join Chivas Regal in the top three global rankings of premium blended Scotch, the company said.
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky division of Pernod Ricard, has sold its Glendronach distillery to the BenRiach Distillery Company....
Diageo has extended its tie-up with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay for its Gordon's gin brand in the UK....
San Miguel has said revenue increased 9% in its first half thanks to a strong performance from the group's international beer division....
Italian winemaker Fabiano has appointed New Jersey-based Admiral Imports as importer and marketer for its US brand....
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
The first Bacardi Store opened on Bay Street in downtown Nassau, Bahamas yesterday (31 July)....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India