US: Baileys-sponsored TV special airs
Baileys kicked off its new series on VH1, entitled Baileys In Tune, last week in the US. The quarterly specials, which connect rock legends with the stars they have influenced, began last Tuesday with Paul Simon and John Mayer performing together.
Baileys In Tune is an original programme, bringing together artists who have been connected and influenced through their music. In each episode of the series, two artists - one idol, one icon - are paired and connected through a collaborative music performance that also showcases the artists' personal stories and key influences that helped shape their musical careers.
"I think the concept behind In Tune is amazing," said Grammy award winner John Mayer. "I'll take any chance I get to perform with Paul Simon and it is cool to have a platform to share with fans how Paul's music has inspired me."
The show was produced at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio, where the artists will perform within an intimate setting that engages a live audience.
"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is delighted to be partnering with Baileys and playing host to In Tune," said Terry Stewart, President and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
"VH1 is dedicated to bringing our viewers closer to the music and artists that they love," said Rick Krim, executive vice-president music and talent, VH1. "Programs such as Baileys In Tune emphasise VH1's commitment to giving our viewers unique performances by their favourite artists that they can't see anywhere else."
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends