SOUTH AFRICA: Baileys set to return to SA
Baileys is about to be relaunched in South Africa after a two-year absence. Brandhouse, the recently-formed South Africa joint venture between Diageo, Heineken and Namibian Breweries, has said that it will spend over ZAR20m (US$3.28m) on the relaunch.
Brandhouse plans to reintroduce Baileys after the group stopped investing in the brand and no longer saw it as a priority. Baileys is the sixth-largest spirits brand, selling around 75m bottles a year globally.
The group also announced recently that it has added another ready-to-drink brand to its range in the form of Smirnoff Triple Spin.
At the same time it has reduced the sugar content of Archers' Aqua by up to 30% after consumers said they found it too sweet compared with other brands in the category. The bottle has also been redesigned.
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
Diageo has appointed Dr Franz B Humer, chairman and CEO of the pharmaceutical group Roche, to the Diageo board, effective from Friday (1 April)....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends