SOUTH AFRICA: Baileys set to return to SA
Baileys is about to be relaunched in South Africa after a two-year absence. Brandhouse, the recently-formed South Africa joint venture between Diageo, Heineken and Namibian Breweries, has said that it will spend over ZAR20m (US$3.28m) on the relaunch.
Brandhouse plans to reintroduce Baileys after the group stopped investing in the brand and no longer saw it as a priority. Baileys is the sixth-largest spirits brand, selling around 75m bottles a year globally.
The group also announced recently that it has added another ready-to-drink brand to its range in the form of Smirnoff Triple Spin.
At the same time it has reduced the sugar content of Archers' Aqua by up to 30% after consumers said they found it too sweet compared with other brands in the category. The bottle has also been redesigned.
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
Diageo has appointed Dr Franz B Humer, chairman and CEO of the pharmaceutical group Roche, to the Diageo board, effective from Friday (1 April)....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review