US: Bai Brands signs Dr Pepper Snapple Group distribution deal
DPSG has worked with Bai Brands for two years
New Jersey-based soft drinks maker Bai Brands has extended a partnership with Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) to distribute its low-calorie Bai 5 brand across the US.
Bai Brands, which has worked with DPSG in “select” markets for the past two years, said yesterday (19 November) that the new deal will place Bai 5 in “most major (US) markets”. Listings include Jewel-Osco, Stop & Shop and around 100 Costco stores throughout the country.
Ben Weiss, founder and CEO Bai Brands, said: “Every day we get phone calls and letters from consumers in cities where Bai is not yet on the shelf. Our relationship with Dr Pepper Snapple Group will allow us to rapidly roll out Bai to new markets and into the hands of those consumers.”
Bai 5, which contains five calories, is infused with coffeefruit and flavoured with fruit juices. Bai Brands was formed in 2009 and is based in Princeton.
Last month, DPSG CEO Larry Young said he was “shocked” by the decline in diet soda sales in the US and said consumers needed educating about aspartame.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends