Bai Brands names Michael Pengue as strategy head
Bai 5-owner Bai Brands has appointed former Nestlé Waters president Michael Pengue as its first chief strategy officer.
Pengue, who took on the new post this week, will focus on new products, technology and infrastructure, Bai said today. He will report to Bai founder & CEO Ben Weiss.
"Mike brings incredible beverage experience, leadership, and a unique business approach that fits perfectly with our creative culture," Weiss said. "Bai is the fastest growing brand in a very competitive category and we have no plans to slow down."
At Nestlé, Pengue led the company's water and tea business, including Perrier, S. Pellegrino, Poland Spring, Nestlé Pure Life and Nestea. He also spent nine years at Dannon Yogurt in a variety of sales and marketing positions.
"Throughout my career I've seen beverage consumption habits change and evolve," Pengue said. "I see Bai and its portfolio of products as the next significant agent of change in the industry."
Bai Brands describes itself as "better-for-you beverage company" and produces Bai 5, Bai Bubbles and Antiwater.
In April last year, Dr Pepper Snapple Group bought a minority stake in Bai Brands for US$15m.
Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
Adult soft drinks appeal to both alcohol drinkers and traditional soft drink consumers....read more
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts