PERU: Backus Q3 income soars, down for year
Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA (Backus) has posted a huge rise in Q3 net income. The Peruvian beverage producer said on Friday (29 October) that net sales for the three-month period hit PEN96.7m (US$29.1m), compared to PEN47.8m in the corresponding quarter last year.
Gross revenues for the quarter rose slightly to PEN262.7m from PEN259.8m last year.
The company also announced that nine-month net income for 2004 dipped to PEN152.5m from PEN192.1m in the same period last year.
The results were released in a statement to the Peruvian securities regulatory agency, Conasev.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research