PERU: Backus almost doubles H1 income
Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston (Backus), on the back of higher sales and lower costs, has almost doubled its second quarter net income.
The Peruvian drinks producer has seen net income for the period reach PEN85.5m, compared to PEN 44.0m, in the same period last year. Total revenues reached PEN298.9m, up from PEN250.2m in Q2 last year.
In the first six months, net income reached PEN179.0m compared with PEN55.9m in the same period last year.
Revenues rose were also up, reaching PEN627.3m in the half, from PEN516.0m.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne