Product Launch - US: Bacardi's Pineapple Fusion Rum
Click through to view Bacardi's Pineapple Fusion Rum
Bacardi's Pineapple Fusion Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, coconut, flavoured, 35% abv
Available - From this week
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$14.99 per 75cl bottle; also available in 5cl, 20cl, 37.5cl, 75cl, one-litre and 1.75-litre bottles
Bacardi has launched a flavoured rum that combines pineapple with coconut rum.
Pineapple Fusion Rum is said to be the first flavour of its kind to market, according to Bacardi today (11 April). Bacardi has teamed up with the NBA to promote the new extension.
This week Bacardi said it has appointed former Proctor & Gamble manager Vitalius Paulus to head up its Russian unit.
BACARDI(®), the world's best-selling and most awarded rum, announces its newest innovation is now available nationwide. BACARDI(®) originally unveiled the latest addition to the brand's flavored rum lineup, BACARDI(®) Pineapple Fusion(TM), during NBA All-Star 2013 in February.
Pineapple Fusion is a one of a kind product that fuses the sweet notes of pineapple rum with the toasted flavors of coconut rum. With this new flavor, BACARDI(®) delivers an unforgettable taste experience, fusing the attitude and energy of the Caribbean to keep the party going all night long. After all, BACARDI(®) has more than 150 years of experience mastering the craft of rum-making and starting great parties.
"BACARDI rum has always been a pioneer when it comes to creating truly unique flavor combinations, and we are proud to be first to market with our latest offering,," said Toby Whitmoyer, vice president and brand managing director, rum category, at Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. "We were inspired by the fusion of pineapple and coconut rums to deliver an integrated 'fusion' platform that resonates with our target consumers by combining music, sports, and great cocktails."
In the spirit of fusion, BACARDI and the NBA on TNT will bring fans today's hottest tunes paired with epic highlights from the game through the "Highlight Mix Presented by BACARDI Pineapple Fusion" during "Inside the NBA" on TNT. Every week from April 11 through May 16, the Miami HEAT'S DJ Irie will be on-set with new music mashed with the night's biggest basketball moments. Viewers can visit www.nba.com/bacardihighlightmix to check out the latest mix and create their own highlight reel with tunes mixed by DJ Irie.
The new flavor can be chilled and served as shot drinks or mixed with fruit juice or coconut water for a twist on traditional favorites.
BACARDI(®) Pineapple Fusion(TM) is available in 750 ml for a suggested retail price of $14.99, in addition to 50 ml, 200 ml, 375 ml, 750 ml, 1 liter and1.75 liters.
Original source: Company Release
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. In thi...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research