Product Launch - UK: Bacardi's Originals
Click through to see the new Bacardi Originals
Bacardi's Originals, Cuba Libre and Mojito
Category - Spirits, pre-mixers, Cuba Libre (5% abv) and Mojito (5.4% abv)
Available - From the beginning of February
Location - UK, on-trade. Off-trade launch to follow, but a release date has not been finalised
Price - Around GBP3.75 (US$6) per 275ml bottle
Distribution - Bacardi Brown-Forman
Bacardi Originals were unveiled last night (20 February) at a presentation in London.
The two variants are “inspired” by the Mojito and Cuba Libre cocktails, the company said, and will be targeted as an alternative to drinking beer or wine in the UK on-trade.
The launch will be backed by a GBP3m (US$4.8m) marketing campaign over the first nine months, which will include print press and outdoor advertising but will focus primarily on digital activity.
Distribution will be handled by Bacardi Brown-Forman, the joint sales and distribution vehicle for the two firms in the UK.
The arrival of the two pre-mix drinks does not signal a change of focus away from the Bacardi Breezer RTD brand. Speaking to just-drinks, Bacardi Brown-Forman's marketing director, Liam Newton, said that Bacardi Breezer “remains a key part of the portfolio. The firm will announce new plans for the RTD in the coming months, Newton added.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends