Product Launch - UK: Bacardi's Originals
Click through to see the new Bacardi Originals
Bacardi's Originals, Cuba Libre and Mojito
Category - Spirits, pre-mixers, Cuba Libre (5% abv) and Mojito (5.4% abv)
Available - From the beginning of February
Location - UK, on-trade. Off-trade launch to follow, but a release date has not been finalised
Price - Around GBP3.75 (US$6) per 275ml bottle
Distribution - Bacardi Brown-Forman
Bacardi Originals were unveiled last night (20 February) at a presentation in London.
The two variants are “inspired” by the Mojito and Cuba Libre cocktails, the company said, and will be targeted as an alternative to drinking beer or wine in the UK on-trade.
The launch will be backed by a GBP3m (US$4.8m) marketing campaign over the first nine months, which will include print press and outdoor advertising but will focus primarily on digital activity.
Distribution will be handled by Bacardi Brown-Forman, the joint sales and distribution vehicle for the two firms in the UK.
The arrival of the two pre-mix drinks does not signal a change of focus away from the Bacardi Breezer RTD brand. Speaking to just-drinks, Bacardi Brown-Forman's marketing director, Liam Newton, said that Bacardi Breezer “remains a key part of the portfolio. The firm will announce new plans for the RTD in the coming months, Newton added.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts