Product Launch - UK: Bacardi's Originals
Click through to see the new Bacardi Originals
Bacardi's Originals, Cuba Libre and Mojito
Category - Spirits, pre-mixers, Cuba Libre (5% abv) and Mojito (5.4% abv)
Available - From the beginning of February
Location - UK, on-trade. Off-trade launch to follow, but a release date has not been finalised
Price - Around GBP3.75 (US$6) per 275ml bottle
Distribution - Bacardi Brown-Forman
Bacardi Originals were unveiled last night (20 February) at a presentation in London.
The two variants are “inspired” by the Mojito and Cuba Libre cocktails, the company said, and will be targeted as an alternative to drinking beer or wine in the UK on-trade.
The launch will be backed by a GBP3m (US$4.8m) marketing campaign over the first nine months, which will include print press and outdoor advertising but will focus primarily on digital activity.
Distribution will be handled by Bacardi Brown-Forman, the joint sales and distribution vehicle for the two firms in the UK.
The arrival of the two pre-mix drinks does not signal a change of focus away from the Bacardi Breezer RTD brand. Speaking to just-drinks, Bacardi Brown-Forman's marketing director, Liam Newton, said that Bacardi Breezer “remains a key part of the portfolio. The firm will announce new plans for the RTD in the coming months, Newton added.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends