Exclusive - US: Bacardi to launch first "infused Scotch specialty", Dewar's Highlander Honey
Click through to view Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, "infused", 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, in both on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of US$23.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Bacardi
Bacardi has lined up the launch of a honey-"infused" variant of its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand. Dewar’s Highlander Honey is described as “Dewar’s Scotch Whisky infused with Scottish Heather Honey filtered through Oak Cask Wood”. It comprises Dewar's White Label Scotch, mixed with Scottish honey.
According to the Scotch Whisky Association, the expression does not breach laws defining the term Scotch whisky, because Dewar’s Highlander Honey is being marketed as a "specialty" in the US rather than as a Scotch whisky.
Dewar’s Highlander Honey will be available nation-wide from next month.
Earlier today (4 September), the Scotch Whisky Association released details on Scotch exports in the six months to the end of June. Here, courtesy of the trade body, is a table of the 20 largest marke...
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have teamed up with other Scotch whisky makers to start twice-weekly shipments from Speyside by train....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research