Exclusive - US: Bacardi to launch first "infused Scotch specialty", Dewar's Highlander Honey
Click through to view Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, "infused", 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, in both on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of US$23.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Bacardi
Bacardi has lined up the launch of a honey-"infused" variant of its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand. Dewar’s Highlander Honey is described as “Dewar’s Scotch Whisky infused with Scottish Heather Honey filtered through Oak Cask Wood”. It comprises Dewar's White Label Scotch, mixed with Scottish honey.
According to the Scotch Whisky Association, the expression does not breach laws defining the term Scotch whisky, because Dewar’s Highlander Honey is being marketed as a "specialty" in the US rather than as a Scotch whisky.
Dewar’s Highlander Honey will be available nation-wide from next month.
Earlier today (4 September), the Scotch Whisky Association released details on Scotch exports in the six months to the end of June. Here, courtesy of the trade body, is a table of the 20 largest marke...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Alcoholic Drinks in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). ...
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport