Exclusive - US: Bacardi to launch first "infused Scotch specialty", Dewar's Highlander Honey
Click through to view Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Bacardi's Dewar's Highlander Honey
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, "infused", 40% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US, in both on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of US$23.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Bacardi
Bacardi has lined up the launch of a honey-"infused" variant of its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand. Dewar’s Highlander Honey is described as “Dewar’s Scotch Whisky infused with Scottish Heather Honey filtered through Oak Cask Wood”. It comprises Dewar's White Label Scotch, mixed with Scottish honey.
According to the Scotch Whisky Association, the expression does not breach laws defining the term Scotch whisky, because Dewar’s Highlander Honey is being marketed as a "specialty" in the US rather than as a Scotch whisky.
Dewar’s Highlander Honey will be available nation-wide from next month.
Earlier today (4 September), the Scotch Whisky Association released details on Scotch exports in the six months to the end of June. Here, courtesy of the trade body, is a table of the 20 largest marke...
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have teamed up with other Scotch whisky makers to start twice-weekly shipments from Speyside by train....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research