SWEDEN: Bacardi to follow Fortune in V&S split plan?
Bacardi is the latest major drinks company thought to have teamed up with a local private equity firm, in its hopes to win the auction for Sweden's Vin & Sprit group.
Earlier this week, press reports claimed front-runner Fortune Brands has partnered with private equity group Nordic Capital, with Fortune taking control of V&S's Absolut vodka brand, and Nordic Capital taking control of the Distillers and Wines units of V&S, should the US firm win the bidding process.
Swedish dailies Dagens Industri and Dagens Nyheter have reported today (27 March), however, that Bacardi is looking for a similar split with Stockholm-listed private equity company Ratos.
No-one at Bacardi was available to comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks today. A spokesperson for Fortune, meanwhile, said earlier this week: "We respect the confidentiality of the process established by the Swedish government and don't plan to comment on speculation."
The second round of bidding for state-owned V&S is thought to have closed today, although confidentiality agreements with the Swedish government prohibit interested parties from discussing the process. As well as Fortune, the other companies thought to be in the second round are drinks companies Pernod Ricard, Bacardi and Swedish private equity group EQT.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Robert Probst as senior vice president and chief financial officer....
Pernod Ricard has consolidated its distribution footprint in Israel....
The Bacardi Group has expanded its deal with the Y&R advertising agency to include Bacardi Flavors and Bacardi Gold Rum....
Bacardi has hailed the success of its latest promotional push in the UK on-trade....
Sauza, the Tequila brand owned by Beam Global, has denied a split with advertising agency Publicis Worldwide....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review