US: Bacardi teams up with NBA for marketing push
Bacardi has teamed up with the NBA in the US
The US unit of Bacardi has teamed up with the National Basketball Association (NBA) in the country for a “multi-year” marketing tie-up.
Bacardi USA said late last week that the relationship will support the Bacardi Gold rum brand and will emphasise both companies' corporate responsibility.
Bacardi Gold will subsequently be featured in NBA national telecasts and on NBA.com, as well as through activities with the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) and NBA Development League (NBA D-League).
The brand will also execute basketball-themed events with co-branded giveaways nationwide.
The agreement includes the launch of the Gold Standard Scholarship Programme, which will award more than US$100,000 annually to minority students in selected NBA markets who are 21 years of age or older and are pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees.
Financial details behind the alliance were not disclosed.
Bacardi already has tie-ups with six NBA teams - the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Hornets, and Washington Wizards.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"