US: Bacardi teams up with NBA for marketing push
Bacardi has teamed up with the NBA in the US
The US unit of Bacardi has teamed up with the National Basketball Association (NBA) in the country for a “multi-year” marketing tie-up.
Bacardi USA said late last week that the relationship will support the Bacardi Gold rum brand and will emphasise both companies' corporate responsibility.
Bacardi Gold will subsequently be featured in NBA national telecasts and on NBA.com, as well as through activities with the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) and NBA Development League (NBA D-League).
The brand will also execute basketball-themed events with co-branded giveaways nationwide.
The agreement includes the launch of the Gold Standard Scholarship Programme, which will award more than US$100,000 annually to minority students in selected NBA markets who are 21 years of age or older and are pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees.
Financial details behind the alliance were not disclosed.
Bacardi already has tie-ups with six NBA teams - the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Hornets, and Washington Wizards.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research