BERMUDA: Bacardi switches board pair
Two directors out, two directors in for Bacardi
Bacardi has announced two directorial additions.
The company said earlier today (16 July) that Georgia Garinois-Melenikiotou and Patrice Louvet have been elected to sit on its 16-member board. The two replace Melanie Healey, who joined the board in 2008, and Philip Shearer, who was elected in 2006, both of whom are retiring.
Garinois-Melenikiotou, 52, is senior VP of corporate marketing for the Estée Lauder Companies. She joined the group in 2010 after spending 26 years with Johnson & Johnson. Louvet, meanwhile, is the president of global grooming and shave care for Procter & Gamble.
Prior to his current role, Louvet, 47, was president of global prestige, where he handled P&G's SK II skin care, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss fragrances.
Both were elected at Bacardi's AGM on 12 July.
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk