FRANCE/US: Bacardi snaps up St-Germain liqueur
St-Germain enters Bacardi's portfolio for an unspecified sum
Bacardi has confirmed the acquisition of French liqueur brand St-Germain.
The company, which announced the move earlier today (8 January), will pay an undisclosed sum to The Cooper Spirits Company, which is headed up by the elderflower liqueur's creator, Robert Cooper. St-Germain has found popularity in premium bars in the US as an ingredient in cocktails.
“With Bacardi's help, St-Germain can now become a truly international brand," said Cooper. "That's something that would have been difficult for me to achieve as a small, creative brand-building company.”
Cooper will stay on board as “guardian” of the brand, Bacardi said.
Click play, below, to view a company-sourced interview with St-Germain's Rob Cooper.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research