FRANCE/US: Bacardi snaps up St-Germain liqueur
St-Germain enters Bacardi's portfolio for an unspecified sum
Bacardi has confirmed the acquisition of French liqueur brand St-Germain.
The company, which announced the move earlier today (8 January), will pay an undisclosed sum to The Cooper Spirits Company, which is headed up by the elderflower liqueur's creator, Robert Cooper. St-Germain has found popularity in premium bars in the US as an ingredient in cocktails.
“With Bacardi's help, St-Germain can now become a truly international brand," said Cooper. "That's something that would have been difficult for me to achieve as a small, creative brand-building company.”
Cooper will stay on board as “guardian” of the brand, Bacardi said.
Click play, below, to view a company-sourced interview with St-Germain's Rob Cooper.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
Alcoholic Drinks in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to ...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research